Knoxville, TN Mediation Law Firm Helps Resolve Disputes
Resolving disputes before reaching the courtroom
The legal system is designed to provide a way to resolve disputes without resorting to violence and to compensate victims for injuries. It has grown into a complex set of rules and procedures that are very costly and time-consuming to navigate.
While our attorneys love to try cases, we encourage all our clients to resolve as many issues as possible outside the courtroom. For example, couples going through a divorce might want to try having a collaborative divorce, resolving their issues without going to court. When looking for a divorce mediator in Knoxville, it is important to find someone who is skilled and knowledgeable in all aspects of mediation.
What is mediation?
- A trained neutral person (usually an independent attorney) meets with the parties (and usually their attorneys) to assist them in finding ways to resolve their disputes without a trial.
- You do not have to agree to anything in mediation, but if you do, your agreement will be binding.
What is collaboration?
A trained neutral person will help you try to identify mutual goals and agreed ways of meeting those goals. You fashion your agreement together, usually attempting more creative ideas.
Why mediate or collaborate?
- All divorce cases must now be mediated (at least one session) before a courtroom trial is allowed.
- Mediation/collaboration often saves thousands of dollars.
- Your agreement will likely be much more fine-tuned to your specific and unique needs than a judge's order.
- Couples who choose collaborative divorce are more likely to have a civil relationship with their ex-spouse or ex-partner and can work together to raise their children or deal with any other issues they may have with more civility.
When involved in a situation that requires a divorce attorney in Knoxville, Sobieski, Messer & Associates, PLLC can help you. Wanda G. Sobieski is specially trained as a family law mediator and serves pursuant to Supreme Court Rule 31.
Contact an experienced divorce mediator today
The attorneys at Sobieski, Messer & Associates, PLLC are skilled mediators. We represent people in the Knoxville, TN area. We have fixed hourly rates. Our office is located in Historic Downtown Knoxville, Tennessee, close to Market Square and within walking distance of the state and federal courthouses. Call 865.223.5586 or contact us online for more information.